Your work does not finish when you buy a mattress. As it is not visible and beneath your sheets, it doesn’t mean that you do not need to take care about the mattress. However, we spend a third of life on mattress only and it needs to be hygienic. It can get bacteria and microbes and worse bed bugs which are not at all good for your health. For keeping your mattress protected for long time, it is important that you do some things and avoid doing some things. In this article, we are listing out the do’s and don’ts while protecting your mattress. Go ahead and read through them to get an idea and follow them.
- Always use a mattress protector for your mattress. If something happens to the mattress, changing it is expensive and difficult. With mattress protector, you can toss it into the wash or just throw it away if you have some bad stains going on it.
- Take the mattress and flip or turn it regularly. When you and your partner or someone share the mattress, you both definitely would not weigh same. So, one side may be more depressed than other and wear and tear can also happen on one side. If you turn the mattress 180 degrees frequently, your mattress stays in shape or spoil in an even manner.
- When your mattress accidently gets moisture absorbed into it, do not wait on something to happen. Immediately start drying the area with electric fans or multiple fan. If you have a wet vacuum, use it immediately to absorb the extra moisture in the area. Do not try to sleep on the mattress when there is even a slight bit of moisture on it. The mattress need to be dried up completely to be able to use it.
- You should never allow moisture to enter into the mattress. Mattress and moisture do not go well. The moisture if absorbed by the mattress have nowhere to go. It gets trapped inside the layers of mattress. This in turn may result in strange odors and bacteria or fungus may start growing. This is not at all healthy for you and your family. The spring type mattress do not like moisture but memory foam mattress cannot handle any moisture at all. So, always avoid any food items or water to spill on the mattress.
- It is quite common to be attacked by bed bugs sometimes. We never know how they start growing and suddenly they start to disturb you. Do not ever think to handle them or anything related to the mattress yourself. These type of things are best left to experts. It is always better to call a professional and ask them to get rid of these bed bugs or use mattress bug spray whenever you want. These are some of the do’s and don’ts that you need to follow while you take care of a mattress.