If you are a person who is going to use a compact circular saw for the first time, then you need to know the facts and things listed below. Understanding and following these facts could help you use the compact circular saw most efficiently and safely.
All the facts mentioned below are in general terms, based on the models and brand it could slightly vary. Improvise and use it to reap maximum benefits.
- While most of the brands mention their compact circular saws to offer maximum safety, it is not always the same. If you are careless while using a compact circular saw then it could lead to fatal accidents. In recent years, we have noticed some users handling compact circular saws just because they assume it to be super safe. This is not true, while some circular saw offers comparatively more safety, it should not be taken for granted. Always consider avoiding wearing loose clothes and jewelry.
- Always check the saw before using it. Yes, always check the saw before using it, first check if the blades are tight and if they have any cracks. Most commonly, the alignment of the blade could be wrong, which could lead to accidents. Next, turn on the saw and try to make a cut on a sample piece and verify its efficiency. Remember, a compact circular saw is an electrical product, it could malfunction if the motor is inefficient.
- If you do not hold a compact circular saw in the right way, none of the benefits offered by a circular saw could be enjoyed. The efficiency of a compact circular saw depends on how you hold the saw. If you hold the saw in the wrong way, it could destroy your stock or work.
- Different materials might need a different blade, while some blades could be compatible with different materials, most of them might not be compatible. Compact circular saws could be used to cut different materials; however, an appropriate blade should be used. Do not try to use the same type of blade for the different materials, if you use the same blade, then it could destroy your saw and also the blade.
- Do not exert too much pressure on the saw, if you are using the right blade to cut a specific type of material then you do not have to exert a lot of pressure on the saw. In recent years, we have seen people leaning over the saw just to make the cutting more efficient. This is a dangerous thing to do. If you do such a thing the blade could break and lead to accidents.
- Before cutting a stock, you should clamp it somewhere, as the size of the piece changes, the clamping should be done in the right way. Remember, if you do not clamp the stock in the right way, the piece could come flying at you and could hurt you. Therefore, always consider clamping the stock or work properly.